Why I decided to go into the Field of Education

Why I decided to go into the field of education


When I was young I always would play school with my friends. I went to a Catholic school in the city of Chicago.  When I was in third grade I had a teacher that was a positive influence on me. While taking her class I gained a lot of confidence and she made you feel smart. I remember her class being very interacting with group activities which kept us interested in learning and made it fun. She would take the time out to help you with any homework questions after school. I remember her making us feel comfortable, safe and that we could go to her with anything we needed. 
In elementary school, I struggled a bit with learning I did everything the longer and harder way. I never gave up as my third-grade teacher taught us to do our best and keep trying. Since I had some struggles with learning I know that when I see other students having difficultly that I will know how they feel, and want to help them any way possible to understand. I am a caring person who wants to help shape the minds of young children to help guide them to a better future. I always thought what a rewarding job teaching must be to be able to help challenge young minds. I love children and want to create a safe learning environment and help increase their self- esteem.  If you have a higher self-esteem you will be in a growth mind set and not a fixed mind set. Having a growth mind set will help you strive and go beyond your comfort zone and stay positive. I want to be that teacher that made such an impact on students that everyone remembers. 

Comments

  1. I love the reasoning for why want to be a teacher, it is really heartwarming. I want to make my students feel just as your teacher did for you guys and I think it is an amazing desire to want children to feel that way. I want to treat my students like my own kids and help them in everything they need. Since you struggled, you will be able to reach the children who are also struggling in ways other people can't and it will make them feel even better about themselves knowing they are not alone. It will be such a rewarding job to help these kids and you will do amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that you never gave up and continued doing your best. I remember my music teacher telling all her students the same. Always try your best at everything and give it all you got but never give up. I feel the same way as you. Having a growth mindset will help you strive and go beyond and of course always staying positive. I'm glad to hear your 3rd grade teacher had a positive influenced on you. Yes, being a teacher and working with students is very rewarding. It's fun but at the same time challanging.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Goals and Motivation Equals Life.

Enjoying Educational Psychology Module #1